Association & Events Coordinator
Association and Events Management provides professional, flexible, creative and cost-effective services to both trade and professional organizations. We take pride in providing personalized, quality service to our client groups and their members.
A & E Management provides administrative, governance and events management services to associations to assist organizations to grow and become financially sustainable in delivering quality, targeted membership services.
About the Role:
Please note that this is an entry-level position – with ample room for growth!
We’re looking for an energetic, friendly, organized, detail oriented and proactive coordinator to join our team at Association and Events Management.
This entry-level role is ideal for a recent graduate looking to begin a career and learn about business, technology, and education while contributing to a team that cares about what we do every day. We care about finding great people to join our team, and then helping them to reach their full potential!
The Association & Events Coordinator shall be responsible for assisting with planning, marketing, and administration of events and association activities for specified clients. This individual will be responsible for assisting with the administration of general office duties. Tasks included in the successful coordination of these events and administrative functions will encompass, but not limited, to the description that follows:
- Assist in the management of the client associations and serve as staff to select committees.
- Errands such as bank deposits, local drop-off and pick-up of packages and supplies.
- Data entry, filing and tracking updating spreadsheets.
- Receive, monitor and respond to correspondence.
- Respond to email, voice mail and posted inquiries.
- Taking notes, minutes and following up on action items.
- Coordinate details of projects and events, including virtual (webinars).
- Monitor and maintain budgets.
- Coordinate with entertainment and speakers.
- Coordinate with catering for Food & Beverage for events and meetings.
- Conduct site visits to plan layout of seating and décor.
- Maintain schedules for speakers, vendors, and participants.
- Coordinate and monitor event & project timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist with marketing events.
- Design and edit promotional materials.
- Prepare presentations for meetings and events.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Market and secure sponsorships.
- Work with approved designers and printers to develop event marketing materials.
- Create and maintain prospect lists.
- Send out invitations and manage registrations.
- Liaise with staff to manage events, including security personnel.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre-event & post-event evaluations.
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
- Assist with association membership retention, growth, and renewals.
- Process membership applications
- Maintain online databases and website information.
- All other duties as assigned.
As the Association & Events Coordinator for specified client associations, this individual needs to understand the mission, goals, and objectives of the association clients.
This role will work closely with management to understand the issues, agenda, activities, programs, policies, and governance structures of the association clients.
We are a small company, and it’s important to us that everyone who joins our team fits with our core values: Integrity, honesty, respect & dignity, partnership, balance, results, and exceeding expectations.
Individuals with little or no background in managing associations, but who possess the willingness to learn will be provided with education & training through career coaching and mentoring with senior staff, and through formal educational opportunities where appropriate.
This role is ideally suited to an organized self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Computer, marketing, and social media skills, and a high level of curiosity and critical thinking are required.
Must be proficient Microsoft Office Suite skills, have excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to manage multiple activities while maintaining excellent attention to detail. Familiarity with general office equipment and software and are comfortable learning new systems.
Category: Entry level position
Salary: $30,000 to $35,000
Applications for this position can be sent to email@example.com.
Please include resume and cover letter by February 20, 2019 to be considered for this position.