Association & Events Coordinator Position
Association and Events Management provides professional, flexible, creative and cost-effective services to both trade and professional organizations. We take pride in providing personalized, quality service to our client groups and their members.
A & E Management provides administrative, governance and events management services to associations to assist organizations to grow and become financially sustainable in providing quality, targeted membership services.
About the Role:
Association & Events Coordinator shall be responsible for assisting with planning, marketing, and administration of events and association activities for specified clients. This individual will be responsible for assisting with the administration of general office duties. Tasks included in the successful coordination of these events and administrative duties will encompass, but not limited, to the description that follows:
- Assist in the management of the client associations and serve as staff to select committees.
- Coordinate details of projects and events, including virtual (webinars).
- Monitor budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
- Coordinate with entertainment and speakers.
- Recommend and coordinate with catering for Food & Beverage for events and meetings.
- Sample food and select dishes for menus.
- Conduct site visits to plan layout of seating and décor.
- Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
- Coordinate and monitor event & project timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
- Assist with marketing events.
- Design and edit promotional materials.
- Prepare presentations for meetings and events.
- Develop and oversee fundraising events.
- Market and secure sponsorships.
- Work with approved designers and printers to develop event marketing materials.
- Create and maintain target lists.
- Send out invitations and manage registrations.
- Hire staff to manage events, including security personnel.
- Receive, track and respond to correspondence.
- Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre-event & post-event evaluations.
- Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
- Assist with association membership retention, growth and renewals.
- Maintain online databases and website informatio
- All other duties as assigned.
As the Association & Events Coordinator for specified client associations, this individual needs to understand the mission, goals and objectives of the association clients.
This role will work closely with management to understand the issues, agenda, activities, programs, policies, and governance structures of the association clients.
Individuals with little or no background in managing associations, but who possess the willingness to learn will be provided with education & training through career coaching and mentoring with senior staff, and through formal educational opportunities where appropriate.
This role is ideally suited to an organized self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment. Computer, marketing and social media skills, and a high level of curiosity and critical thinking are required.
Category: Entry level position
Salary: $30,000 to $35,000
Applications for this position can be sent to email@example.com