Association and Events Coordinator
Association and Events Management is a rapidly growing Association Management Company that provides specialized services to both trade and professional organizations. Our company has developed a niche in the market place with a comprehensive understanding of the challenges facing associations in today’s quickly changing environment.
About the Role:
Association & Events Coordinators for Association and Events Management shall be responsible for assisting with the planning, organizing, management, administration, profitability, and effectiveness of the various conferences, seminars, trade shows and special events conducted for specified client associations. In addition, this individual will be responsible for assisting with the administration of general office duties. Tasks included in the successful coordination of those events and administrative duties will encompass, but not be limited to, the description that follows.
Association & Events Coordinators for Association and Events Management will assist in the management of the client associations and serve as staff liaison to select committees. Works closely with the Executive Director, Director of Operations, and the Senior Association Manager in areas of administration.
• Coordinate details of events such as conferences, trade shows, meetings, and virtual events.
• Monitor budgets and ensure they are adhered to.
• Coordinate with talent, including musicians, bands, and disc jockeys.
• Recommend and coordinate with chefs or catering companies to prepare food for events.
• Sample food and select dishes for menus.
• Conduct site visits to plan layout of seating and decorations.
• Schedule speakers, vendors, and participants.
• Coordinate and monitor event timelines and ensure deadlines are met.
• Initiates, coordinates and/or participates in all efforts to publicize events.
• Design and Edit promotional materials.
• Prepare presentations for events and meetings.
• Develop and oversee fundraising events.
• Negotiate and secure event space.
• Secure sponsorships.
• Work with approved designers and printers to develop event invitations.
• Create invitee lists.
• Send out invitations and manage RSVP list.
• Hire staff to manage events, including and security personnel.
• Receive, Track and Respond to correspondence.
• Coordinate event logistics, including registration and attendee tracking, presentation and materials support and pre- and post-event evaluations.
• Keep inventory of backdrops, projectors, computers, and other display materials.
• Assist with association membership retention, growth, and renewals
• Maintain online databases
• All other duties as assigned.
As the Association and Events Coordinator for specified client associations, this individual needs to understand the mission, goals and objectives of the associations.
The Association and Events Coordinator will work closely with the Executive Director to understand the issues, agendas, activities, programs, policies, and governance structures of the client associations.
Individuals with little or no background in Non-Profits and Associations, but who possess the requisite office/administrative experience and a willingness to learn will be provided with Education in Association Management through career coaching and mentoring with Senior Staff, and through formal Educational Opportunities where appropriate.
The Association and Events Coordinator should periodically attend client Board of Directors meetings to maintain visibility with the client organizations. As such, the ideal candidate is able to professionally interact with C-Suite Executives and Industry Leaders.
This role is ideally suited to an organized self-starter who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment under minimal supervision. Computer and Social Media skills, and a high level of curiosity and critical thinking are required. Some evenings and weekends, and occasional travel in North America will be required in this role.
Entry level position
$35,000 – $45,000
Applications for the Association and Events Coordinator role can be sent to email@example.com. Resumes and cover letters must be received by Friday, May 4, 2018 to be considered.